“If you must hold yourself up to your children as an object lesson, hold yourself up as a warning and not as an example.” - George Bernard Shaw
Hello all. Welcome back to The Disciplinary Wives Club – Tribute blog. Our weekly on-line gathering of women and men who are in, or would like to be in, a Domestic Discipline relationship of the type advocated by the former Disciplinary Wives Club (archived copy in the “Links I Like” list, below right).
I hope you all had a great week. Mine was . . . not great. It began with an unanticipated adventure to help some friends out of a jam. I’m glad I could help, and it was the right thing to do, especially as it was kind of similar to the help that someone gave me after my accident. But, it also was more strenuous activity than I’ve had in months, and I’ve been paying the price for it all week.
I feel like I’m slowly getting back to where I was before this week’s little adventure, but it’s a bummer to lose a week of progress toward real normality. Oh well . . . it was a break from my routine, and it ended (mostly) well, all things considered.
I came into the weekend without much to in the way of topic ideas. Although we got some participation last week, it wasn’t a lot, and nothing grabbed my attention as a new topic idea or launch pad for further discussion.
So, I almost decided not to post this week. Again. But, I hate getting into that habit.
So, instead, several weeks ago, someone suggested that on weeks when I wasn’t inspired to write a long post, I might post a meme, picture, or piece of spanking artwork and ask for people’s reactions or ask them to fill in the story.
I thought at the time that it was a good idea, though it requires more preparation than one might think. Not every meme or drawing is thought-provoking or invites speculation about what is going on behind the scenes. And, given that I have literally thousands upon thousands of items in my collection, searching for good candidates is itself a chore. But, I’m slowly moving contenders into their own file as I come across them.
I will give it a try this week, starting with a meme that appeared in last week’s post and didn’t get any comment.
For future posts, I’m more interested in memes and pics that are enigmatic in some way that invites commenters to imagine what is going on behind the scenes. This one isn’t really like that; it’s pretty “on the nose” regarding the subject matter. But, I liked it because it managed to pack so many of our fairly regular Domestic Discipline themes into one little meme.
The way I envision this working is for commenters to say anything they want about picture, the pictorial content, the written statements, and perhaps the background story behind all those elements. Basically, anything that comes to mind. Here are a few of my reactions:
Model: Although I like this meme, for me it’s more about the words attributed to the model and not to the model or subject herself. In fact, I’m not sure there is a human subject. She is a little too flawless, in the way so many AI-generated images are. And, regardless, the flawless, young, professional model look is not what gets my motor running when it comes to spanking and DD memes. I’m far more into a “regular” woman look, especially if she’s displaying anger or dominance.
In that vein, I very recently came across this video. It seems like a straight up legitimate domestic spanking scene, with a wife who for me is almost a prototype for a “real” wife who has taken firm control. It’s also a great demonstration that a spanking doesn’t have to be long to be effective; start to finish, it’s less than two minutes.
Strictness and its implications: The unseen husband has clearly asked for his wife to be stricter. She’s decided to accommodate him, but it instantly goes in a direction that he probably didn’t ask for. I have talked to Anne many times about being more strict, and I try to keep in mind that if it happens (and all signs are it would be happening absent my long convalescence), it could go in directions that I find way more aversive than a spanking, like . . .
Grounding: I’ve done several posts about grounding, but they never seemed to get much traction. I do gravitate toward grounding scenarios, perhaps because they trigger my attraction to “maternal” discipline. When I was growing up, one of my friends was frequently grounded, and his mother was an incredible stickler. No matter the reason, she wouldn’t budge on letting him out of it early, and she measured the time down to the minute. I remember one time we came over to get him to come along to something one afternoon, and we had to sit around for 30 minutes because we came over at 3:30 but he had gotten grounded at 4:00. I had a huge crush on her.
“You’re calling your friends to tell them”: One thing that makes grounding an effective punishment for kids is it is inherently public. Friends knowing about it is kind of the point. Here though, it seems like the wife is cranking it up a notch by having him call his friends and proactively tell them, before any shared event that he’s to be grounded from is in play. To me, that’s a big distinction. Given my current friends set, I honestly think I wouldn’t have a big problem declining an invitation to something based on Anne grounding me, though I don’t doubt I’d try to make it something of a joke. It would be much harder to have to tell others that I’d been grounded in the absence of any pending invitation. Though, I don't think it would be as embarrassing as having to tell someone, or having someone you know told, that you were, or are about to be, spanked.
Every night spankings: After we tried multiple spankings for the same offense, I kind of came around to the views that many of you had expressed about the value of having a single spanking “clear the slate.” Yet, it seems like this situation is a little different. The husband is being spanked for attitude, and he is implicitly given a way out: change the attitude! And, while I do see the wisdom of clearing the slate and moving on, I admit that I still have a strong visceral reaction to spanking stories in which two (or more) spankings are the norm for certain conduct.
“Little man”: Although I like it when Anne is verbally controlling (not in that moment, but after-the-fact for sure), I’m not a fan of belittling language like “little man”. But, I do like the “Are we clear” rhetorical question.
Thoughts?


.jpg)



Funny how I thought I'd just post a meme and ask what people thought, instead of doing a full-blown post, and somehow it became . . . a full-blown post.
ReplyDelete