Season's Greetings one and all. I hope you've had great holiday, and I hope you enjoy the waning hours of 2014. Safely and responsibly.
A common theme that unites many couples practicing Domestic Discipline is self-improvement and, for the Disciplinary Wives, giving their hubbies and significant others that extra little motivation required to address all those nagging little behavior problems. Which fits in very nicely with that New Year's tradition -- making resolutions.
I like resolutions. I like setting goals. I know I won't always hit them, but it's amazing what you can accomplish over time if you are able to improve incrementally day by day, week by week, year by year. On the other hand, I admit to being a little depressed when I look back at old blog and journal entries and realize that I seem to wrestle with some of the same challenges year after year. But, hope springs eternal and, therefore, here are a few of my resolutions for 2015, some focused on general improvement and others related more specifically to our Domestic Discipline lifestyle. I also have provided a list of resolutions that I am going to ask my wife to adopt, since ultimately my success in carrying out my resolutions may prove to be a function of that extra motivation she supplies to my upturned bottom.
In the spirit of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours . . ." here goes. I invite you to share your resolutions and those you would like to see applied to you, for your and her benefit, by your Disciplinary Wife (or husband for our few Disciplined Wives).
I hereby resolve to:
- have fewer Saturdays spent regretting my Friday work-related socializing
- earn to better control my temper at work
- nurture those important relationships, both work and personal, that sometimes don't get the time or attention they deserve
- Exit 2015 in better physical shape than I entered into it, as measured by pant size, blood pressure, strength and endurance
I hereby resolve to:
- self-report any infractions at least weekly
- empower my wife to grow in her disciplinary authority, including by showing more outward signs of submission to her control
- during spankings, instead of "taking it like a man," try hard to let go all ego and control, surrendering totally to her authority