Saturday, July 11, 2026

Attitude When DD Isn't Happening, and Keeping a List (Club Meeting - 560)

If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm. - Vince Lombardi

Hello all. Welcome back to The Disciplinary Wives Club – Tribute blog.  Our weekly on-line gathering of women and men who are in, or would like to be in, a Domestic Discipline relationship of the type advocated by the former Disciplinary Wives Club (archived copy in the “Links I Like” list, below right).

 

I hope you all had a good week.  Mine was okay.  I’m still in the “little victories” stage of convalescence.  I can finally drive again, which is a big deal, even if I’m doing only short, local trips.  It’s meant I can take myself to Chipotle, which was a near-weekly thing before this accident, though I probably should moderate those trips, given that in my present condition I can't even pretend to be able to burn off those calorie bombs.  I’ve also been able to resume my morning trips to the dog park, though I mostly hang out by the fence to avoid getting taken down while my dogs run around renewing their doggie friendships. 

 


In any event, it feels like life is slowly, slowly getting back to normal.

 

Unfortunately—or, perhaps very fortunately, from my butt’s perspective—that hasn’t included a return to Domestic Discipline.  While my leg is healed enough to handle the positioning and tensing of muscles, it hasn’t been clear that my tailbone is there yet.  Ten weeks, and it’s still pretty sore.

 

And, it’s not like DD hasn’t been on my mind.  In fact, I’m in one of those phases in which I’m thinking about it all the time.  I don’t exactly “want” it, especially knowing that, given how long the break has been, the first new one undoubtedly will hurt unbelievably badly.

 

It’s more like a “need” than a “want”, in two related senses.  

 


First, I feel an emotional need to be in our dynamic again. 

 

Second, I “need” it in the sense that I increasingly have issues and attitudes that “need” fixing.

 

It’s a hard thing to admit, but in the absence of having someone impose boundaries, I start feeling like, for lack of a better word, a dick.

 

It’s not that I necessarily let dickish thoughts or attitudes rip but, internally, I feel annoyed more often, more prone to saying snotty things, or at least thinking snotty thoughts, and I generally feel more negative and judgmental. 

 

Looking back, it’s how I felt when I first discovered the Disciplinary Wives Club and DD and, to a large extent I brought the idea of the DWC to Anne because I knew there were too many times when my attitude made me hard to live with. It was only later that I realized that, left to my own devices, my attitude was often just plain bad, but that someone taking me to task for specific bad behavior also adjusted my attitude for the better.  I just plain felt better with boundaries.

 

Being spanked for attitude wasn't a part of my teen or early adult experience.  Now that I've had this epiphany about the role that our DD relationship plays in keeping my attitude in a good place, I really wonder how life might have been had my parents, or a significant other, put me over their knee not for some specific act or omission but just for being a jerk or copping an attitude. I'm sure I would have hated it, but when I think back to what a stress case I was, and how hard-wired I was to be cynical and caustic, I might have felt a sense of relief.

 

 

Like I said, I don’t feel like I’ve been letting my attitude take the reins that often, but I feel this internal tension that I don't feel when Anne is being more consistently strict with me.

 

 It’s even impacting my dreams, which several times lately have featured Anne and I fighting, even though we haven’t had a real fight in quite a while.

 

So, I need a spanking and, moreover, I need the resumption of our DD dynamic, with an increasingly strict wife setting expectations and enforcing boundaries. 

 

It’s an interesting thing, feeling this need not just to be held accountable for specific behavior, but a deep desire to be “taken in hand” and kept under tighter control. 

 

That’s not always been the case.  It's really about not always noticing what you have.  When we're living the DD dynamic on a semi-regular basis, I tend to perceive my spanking needs in functional terms: I do something that we've agreed is spankable, or I do something careless or stupid, and I know I need a spanking to reinforce that there are consequences for bad or thoughtless behavior.

 

But, that’s kind of different from feeling the need for the dynamic itself. What I’m perceiving now is how much, before this accident, I was beginning to feel Anne’s authority as a force underlying our whole relationship. Now, I notice it by virtue of its absence. 

 

Also, it hasn't been that common for Anne to use DD to address general "attitude", as opposed to specific behavior, but it's clear to me based on how things have been going lately that it should be a key area of focus going forward.

 

 

But, while spanking hasn't been realistically for almost three months, I know it’s coming, and maybe not that far off.  A couple of nights ago, Anne and I were in bed, and I told her how much I was missing our dynamic and wanted to get it back on track. She clearly has some qualms about even trying with the shape my body has been in. But, she made a point of telling me that she’s been keeping a list, and intends to address the things on it as soon as that’s a realistic possibility.

 


I had a powerful reaction to that, in part because, thanks to this extended hiatus, I don’t know how many items are on the list or exactly what they are.  I did have one incident of drinking too much, hanging out with a friend after I was finally in good enough physical shape to sit in a restaurant/bar for a few hours.  It was one of those days when lunch turned into a long afternoon, though I didn’t really misbehave or anything at home.  She even said she understood that I needed to let off some steam after the forced seclusion. And, given my lack of mobility, it's not I've had a lot of opportunities to do much of anything, let alone anything bad.

 

So, I have to assume that most of the things on her list are the attitude issues I’ve felt a lot but caught myself expressing only a few times. But, I really don’t know. And, therein lies the source of my powerful reaction to it.

 


Although we’ve tried several times, we’ve never done a lot with lists or reports. And, when we have, it’s tended to involve me coming up with a form and giving it to her. Or, me journaling about something.  There has never been a time I can think of that she was keeping her own written list of issues she intends to deal with.

 

So, it seems like a big step in our DD relationship that she’s documenting things. It also seems like a big deal that she’s apparently been doing it for several weeks.  And, it seems like a very big deal that I don’t know exactly what is on the list or how long it is.

 


Both her proactive commitment to not letting things wholly slide during this period, her stated intent to address these things once that’s practicable, and not knowing how many sessions that might add up to, is both titillating and terrifying. 

 

Kind of like when I first discovered the DWC and decided to bring it to her.

 

Now, some might be thinking, “Don’t you pretty much know what is on the list?” Honestly, no. This entire period of enforced downtime has been so removed from our usual dynamic that it feels almost like a kind of amnesia has set in.  It also seems like, because discipline wasn’t a possibility anytime soon and I knew it, my mind stopped focusing on behavior and attitude problems in the way I would have when I knew such things might result in a real spanking in the near future.

 

I’m also not sure what she might have in mind regarding the logistics for moving things off the list.  I did a topic here a few weeks ago about whether there are time limits on offenses, and I said that I felt there had to be if I were to feel like I was being held accountable for something real.  

 


Yet, I also have been thinking more often about some of the points Al and others have made regarding the importance of regular, frequent spankings, i.e. maintenance, to keep up the dynamic.   

 

Particularly given how long this hiatus has been, maybe there is an advantage to her taking multiple sessions to check items off the list, not really for accountability purposes but as a combination of (a) payback for any instances of attitude I’ve given her; and (b) simply re-establishing her control and getting our dynamic back on track.  It also seems like her keeping her own list could be another huge step forward in terms of her internalizing our whole dynamic and making it her own.

 

 

This post is more of a general update and some introspection regarding where things stand with us, rather than a concrete topic. So, address anything that seems meaningful to you.  However, I would be interested in hearing whether any of the rest of you have experienced anything like a wife keeping a list but you not knowing what was on it.  Have there been times you knew she intended to address things with a very hard spanking, but you legitimately weren’t sure what those things were? 

 

Also, have you experienced a long hiatus of the kind I’ve described and noticed your attitude deteriorating or your mind going back to old, bad thought patterns?

 

By the way, one unfortunate byproduct of posting later in the week than usual is the topic may not run its course before I’ve moved onto the next one.  I would be interested in hearing from more commenters about the spanking story scenarios and specific stories they recommend. So, please respond to last week’s topic if you have something to say, and feel free to move those comments forward to this week’s topic so everyone will see them.

 

I hope you have a good week.

41 comments:

  1. Dan, I agree that there would probably be more to aded to your last post given more time. We all have interesting and very diverse stories to share, as many of us came to understand DD through stories we read in the DWC. R.e. this week's post, she doesn't keep lists, as there is usually no need to delay spankings. As soon as a rule is broken, I get a spanking, or leave the paddles out until it happens. We have had to take occasional breaks, which have lasted up to a month. She was dealing with difficult family issues, which sucked her energy. That was difficult for me, and I also found myself thinking about DD and spanking a lot more during those times. Now she seems well past it, and has stepped up our DD, so we are definitely back on track. As a result, I am much happier, and have recieved 7 sound spankings in past 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breaks for family or health issues are inevitable, though I admit I do resent how often in the last few years we've seemed to be gaining a new level of intensity, then something happens that brings things to a screeching halt for months at a time.

      Delete
  2. Do you now what type of list Anne is keeping. .On paper , on her phone or computer, a notebook or perhaps just a mental list. Assume dhe would want to have it handy when the 'time' comes. Perhaps she could post it on the fridge and keep adding to it , or does she prefer to keep it a surprise?
    For us it's me who keeps a list of 'incidents'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said she has it on her phone, Which is basically an extension of her wrist.

      Delete
    2. That comment is surely going to get you an additional beating !

      Delete
  3. I've always thought that a list is an excellent idea especially when "on the spots" or "I'll deal with this tonight" options aren't available due to various circumstances. Sometimes though, the list gets too long to handle in one setting.

    Also, our list has 3 sections: recent behavior, past offences we didn't deal with but are not forgotten, and a final area for me to report offenses that she may not be aware of which gives me a chance to clear my conscience. Graham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A list may be a good idea even if "I'll deal with this tonight" may be an option, because the reality is Anne often intends to deal with something later, then she gets busy or distracted, and it simply slips her mind. Writing it down with both reinforce that she *does* intend to deal with it and increase the odds that it actually happens.

      What form do you keep your list in? Is one of you responsible for maintaining it?

      Delete
  4. First, glad to hear you are starting to be healthier.
    Cindy does not do lists! Most spankings are because I have annoyed her by something I have done, or a preventive spanking to keep in mind while visiting people, or my requesting due to stress.
    TSuggesting somethings we have not tried, but maybe Anne should wash your mouth with soap, when she sees a bad attitude, trying to clean up your attitude. We have never done it, but worth a try once. It certainly would be unpleasant.
    Schools used to use the strap on a child's hand, but that would have to be done much more carefully than they did in a school.
    The ideas something totally unpleasant until you are able to be spanked.
    Keep getting well.
    cheers Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red. Good suggestions, all. We haven't tried mouth soaping, but I have no doubt it's thoroughly unpleasant.

      One option might be a cane, which I think might not be as likely to impact the tailbone as a paddle or strap. But, Anne has just never gotten comfortable with that instrument.

      Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  5. Dan,
    Hope u are in the mend. It seems to be taking a long time for you to heal and get back to your normal routine. We are in a lull as well with our DD. My wife had a minor procedure done and I had an issue that affected our DD as well. Just as it seems we were gaining stride, there always seems to be a set back. Like you, I’ve found myself thinking more about DD lately, and the need to be held accountable for my actions. We had a disagreement a few weekends ago and my wife said something to me that was extremely out of line and character. She has since apologized profusely for it. It was something said in anger, but to be honest with you, I’m not over it. I was crushed by the statement. I’m sure the stress of the procedure as well as a few other outside influences affected her, but I can’t seem to get past it at the moment. How this will affect our DD when healed, who knows. My wife is usually the even keel one of the two. We don’t keep a list either, I’m thrashed for my attitude and mouth. These get me in trouble enough. So we will see over the next few weeks if we reset back into our routine. A great question for the group would be, what happens when your wife is out of line? I’m not talking DD wise. I would not want to thrash my wife. I came to her about DD, but none of our wives here are perfect. How do you address her when she is clearly wrong. As everyone knows our relationship is one of DD only. There is no FLR, so that she is correct no matter what.
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's taking a long time, but it's a function of the seriousness of the injury and the repair. The doctors and physical therapists say I'm healing well for this kind of injury. Unfortunately, it's one of those things where the healing is measured in months, not weeks. And, as for the specific injury keeping me from getting spanked, I've injured a tailbone before, and they seem to take for freaking ever to heal. And, the healing time on this one has probably been extended by the fact that my mobility was so limited and standing so painful that I spent the better part of two months sitting in bed--on my tailbone--watching TV and reading books.

      That's too bad about the argument with your wife. My wife is also the more even keeled of the two of us, by far. But, looking way back, that wasn't always the case. When we were first married, she would say things in fights that were way over the line, at least in comparison to things I would say to her. I don't know that it was DD that changed that (she herself admits she had a lot of growing up to do when we first met, though honestly, we both did), but I don't know that it didn't. I do think it's now an outlet that allows her to express herself without totally losing her cool. So, maybe if your DD wasn't on pause, it wouldn't have happened? We did have one incident a couple of years ago where she said something during a lecture that I felt cut at my identity in a big way. I did get over it, but it took a few weeks.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I think it might take me a bit to get over this one. I agree maybe a few weeks time should change my feelings. I was just so caught off guard. We are both going through minor medical issues. They are nothing in comparison to your injury. I definitely need a reset and to get back on course with our DD. I definitely do miss the accountability aspect. Although, I don’t miss the punishment per se, I feel lost without it at times.
      T

      Delete
    3. Hang in there. I totally understanding feeling lost without the enforced accountability.

      Delete
  6. Our DD has been inconsistent and I've felt bad about the lack of accountability many times during the lapses. I know my wife feels helpless during them, too, just not as pointedly sure as I am about the solution.

    Would she feel better if she had a list between sessions? I don't think so. She just wants me to do the right thing on my own. While she'll point out a pattern when we argue, she's rarely given me a count of the instances. She quite rightly doesn't want to go to bed holding a grudge, which would sort of be necessary since DD can't happen every day for us.

    When I suggest I need a more significant clear-the-slate than usual, she'll agree, but then she won't spank much differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although Anne hasn't said much during this hiatus, I have to think she misses it, as she was ramping up her comments and threats about it so much before this redirection happened. She's much more of a natural caretaker than I am, and I think she's consciously put all DD thoughts on the back burner because she doesn't want to jump back in too soon and risk hurting me (in a bad way).

      Delete
  7. I agree with the comment above... get a strap out and have your hands pay off some of the interest accruing on what your bottom owes. It would help keep things front of mind, and there is something intimidating about looking into the eyes of the one you love when she is about to hurt you. Might help your attitude without damaging the tailbone...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have had a disciplinary session about once every ten days on average since we started DD c. 16 years ago. However for various reasons we had a break earlier this year of about 3 months. Our communication, mutual respect and overall relationship deteriorated during that time. We were under some other pressures also but we both now agree that not having the grounding effect of regular DD was a mistake.

    We re-negotiated our DD agreement, I committed to a very honest weekly journal review and she has stepped up the severity of the punishments by learning to use the cane so that in each session I receive the strap and the cane. The rule on ‘respect’ is now crystal clear and critically my behaviour is judged without reference to how she has behaved.

    I spent some time explaining how to get the best effect from the cane from a receiver point of view, keeping it very simple and allowing her to train and experiment with clear feedback from me. We needed something quiet whilst travelling but it has become a very welcome addition to her skills. It was hard for me to be to clinically objective about helping her to reach that confidence levels but the changes we have agreed upon and made have meant that we have seen a very significant improvement in in relationship during the past 8 or 9 weeks. TB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first paragraph sums up the way I've been feeling, though in our case it's one-sided, with what I'm bringing to the relationship slipping. To be fair, it hasn't been an easy time. I'm an active guy who was more or less stuck at home for two months. The pain and assistive devices have screwed up my sleep throughout that period. So, there are some objective reasons for me being snarlier than usual.

      Yet, that also feels like an excuse or rationalization. I hate admitting that I'm the type of person who needs an external sanction to keep me from spiraling into a darker attitude and being less respectful that my partner deserves, yet the plain fact is, there were reasons why I proposed DD to her in the first place and why she was so open to trying it. The way I've been feeling the last few weeks is not dissimilar to my normal state before we started DD. It's just been so long ago, I kind of forgot how I felt back then.

      I'd be interested in any practical advice you have regarding the cane. I feel it probably is our safest option right now, yet Anne has never really been able to use it effectively.

      Delete
    2. Dan,
      We are similar in the way I need external activity to not put me in a dark place. With a high stressful job, I always need something on the horizon to look forward to. It keeps me even keel. D’D has kept me out of trouble at times as well. I always seem to need something in my calendar. A gold outing, a trip away, ect.
      T

      Delete
    3. Starting with, what cane do you have Dan? In my experience it needs to be no less than 30 - 32" long and around 1/2"- 9/16" diameter. There is a tendency to start off with the cane next to your bottom and use with a rapid (and too short) backswing and then straight into the forward strike. I think that the trick is to slow things down so that the caner is definitely achieving a full back swing and then powering into the forward swing. Probably like golf? Practice on a cushion with you watching/coaching is a good idea... increases the pucker too.

      Delete
    4. I've got a fairly larger variety of them, including 1/2" - 9/16" diameter, in both rattan and synthetic (delrin?) varieties. The last we experimented with was a one of cane-iac's "senior" delrin canes. I don't know the exact length and diameter, but definitely not less than 30 inches and pretty thick.

      Delete
    5. It seems to me there is some mileage in a post re the cane . Like you Dan my wife just does not like to use it for some reason . Just a suggestion

      Delete
    6. I've done a post re: caning and how to use a case a few times and really didn't get a lot response. It may be that canes just aren't a very popular instrument in the US, where a majority (though definitely not all) of our readers are.

      Delete
    7. TB, fyi, I tried to send you an email following up on the caning issue. I got a message from Google saying your inbox is full

      Delete
    8. Dan: You have my vote for another blog discussion of "canes" and "caning."

      Hopefully, some of the wives who currently use canes could be convinced by their husbands to share their "tricks" and "techniques" (either directly share, or have their husbands convey the wives' thoughts)?

      Delete
    9. Maybe, though we did a full post on canes a year ago, and it didn't get many helpful responses on tips and tricks.

      Delete
  9. My wife doesn't keep a list. When something bothers her, she doesn't usually forget about it. It can be put on the backburner for an indefinite period, and I have been surprised at things brought up a long time later. Her authority to spank does help to avoid this situation. She is fairly flexible but is also used to absorbing things. But no list is needed. We don't have lapses generally because I get maintenance on Monday and again later in the week before visiting family I get a reminder. I get it twice a week. When something interferes, my wife immediately reveals a rescheduled a time. I am a better version of myself when she keeps my ass in line, so she makes it a priority. E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A better version of myself -- that's definitely the goal

      Delete
  10. OFF TOPIC . . . (Library of Spanking Fiction)

    Dan wrote: "Thanks, Donn. Your third option worked. But, for some reason (4) doesn't because I don't have an Add to Favorites button at the bottom of stories. Just "Add to Reading List" and "Make or View Comments"'

    I've tested this and it appears to be a programming "anomaly." If you designated a "Favorite" with EITHER the "Heart" icon OR the [Favorite] button at the bottom of a story page, THEN the [Favorite] button at the bottom of a story page DISAPPEARS. However, if you remove that "Favorite" using the "Heart Icon," THEN (1) the "Favorite" disappears from your refreshed list, and (2) the [Favorite] button at the bottom of that particular story's page REAPPEARS!

    (The "Add to Reading List" button does NOT work like this; it is always present, even after you've added an item to your "Reading List.")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whether this browser-specific, but for me, the "Favorite" button at the bottom is never there at all, regardless of whether the story has been designated as a favorite using the heart. Whether I'm pulling from one of the new story listings on the front page, or searching for a particular story, when I read a story, there is never a favorites button at the bottom or anywhere else on the page.

      Delete
    2. Dan: I don't have multiple browsers to test it with. I currently run Firefox x64 ESR (most current version).

      At least we found one method that works!

      Delete
  11. Dan: Just curious -- what is the most common browser that you run on desktop computers in your home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends. For the blog and most of my DD surfing, I use Brave. For day to day, usually Safari.

      Delete
  12. Life does sometimes get in the way of DD for all of us. We have found that having a weekly check in is helpful, even when spanking isn't happening. We also came up with a mutual agreement r.e. our commitment to DD, which we will occasionally review in order to remind us of our agreed upon responsibility. One fundamental part of that is we agree that the ongoing practice of DD is good for the relationship, which is helpful to be remember when having to take a break from it. After a break from DD, it can feel awkward bringing up my need for discipline and accountability. Having a weekly check in isn't a bad idea in general, as it helps a couple set aside uninterrupted time to talk honestly about what each partner is going through and what they need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My wife has been unable to spank me for at least the last six months due to a physical issue on her part. At first it was horrible as I was out of control in particular my attitude was all over the place. I deserved and desperately needed a spanking. She wanted to spank me but couldn't. Somewhere along the line I realized it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. I needed to figure out how to behave and take care of her without it. I thought about ways she could punish me. I also thought a lot about the kind of husband I have been over the years and how that still needed to change. I still struggle with her authority but I'm madly in love with my wife and want to treat her with respect.. We talked about the changes I need to make! Like always being a gentleman and an obedient husband. How when she is able to spank me that it should be one to remember not necessary because of its severity but because of the lecture I have coming for the way I have treated her while she has not been able to punish me the way I deserve. The time is approaching the doctor said she should be back to normal soon. In the meantime I have been spending a lot of time in the corner for not living up to the expectations we have set for me thinking about what it will be like and trembling at the thought of that paddle being applied to my bare butt. It stings so much but it also shows me how much she loves me to help me accomplish the things I want. Primarily to be a better husband and a better man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've gone through a couple of periods like that where she had a medical recovery issue going on for months or weeks and couldn't do it. My attitude didn't exactly spiral, but it wasn't great. For us, the bigger problem with these involuntary breaks is it seems like they always happen right after things start ramping up in a way we both want. I've been kind of obsessed lately with thoughts about how great it would be to know another DD couple in the local area, with the wives able to "support"" each other in taking care of things when necessary. I know it's likely to remain just a fantasy, but it's a compelling one.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a real disciplinary wives club where the women could hold meetings to discuss discipline.Now that would be interesting!

      Delete
  14. Obviously, most of us wish something like the DWC was still around and active, but that just not happening. What might be more likely is to find one other couple into F/M DD where the 2 women could help each other out when one was unable to spank for some reason. As Dan said, it is likely to remain just a fantasy, but a compelling one. We have met one other couple that might fill the bill, but lives too far away. For us, it would be nice just to be able to talk openly with another couple about how DD.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That last sentence should have ended with "how their DD works"

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a curated resource for those genuinely and positively interested in DD and FLR lifestyles. Comments that are rude, uncivil, inconsistent with the blog's theme or off-topic may not be posted or may be removed. Please use a name or initials (doesn't have to be your real one) when commenting - it helps commenters keep track of who is "talking."