Saturday, September 29, 2018

No (Real) Post This Week

When we try to be something that we are not, we become the slave of a rigid, fixed mind, following a rule about how things have to be. The violence and the anger in us remain unnoticed, because we are caught in our pictures of how we should be.” ― Charlotte Joko Beck

Hi all.  I apologize for not posting anything substantive for two weeks in a row, but Tomy gave me a two-week dispensation.  KD advised that I post something that isn't spanking related in order to just mix things up a bit.  He gave me permission to use one of his cartoons, which illustrates that some of us on the receiving end of a DD relationship probably do need to work a little to ensure it isn't a bit all-consuming. 

But, while I think KD is right about my need to rebalance a bit in terms of my focus when it comes to creative endeavors, I think I am going to take Tomy's advice and just lay off of blogging entirely for another week.  For the last month, it has seemed more like a chore than it should, and it also has been taking up WAY more time than I can comfortably give right now.  I'm staring down five or six weeks of pure hell at work, and I just don't have hours a day right now to spend on this, particularly given how much of that time has become just plain not fun or productive.  So, while I do plan to post again soon, the posts may be pretty short for the next few weeks until I get past this incredibly busy period.  I am also noodling other things I might want to do that are DD related, but that are both wider in subject matter and narrower in venue.  We'll see . . .

In the meantime, I leave you with this.  Not because it has any meaning at all, but simply because I thought it was pretty damn funny.

 
Have a good week!

Dan

18 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break from posting. I’m also a consultant and understand those unbearable stretches of time.

    On another note I got a reprieve from the 2 a week schedule due to illness. Pretty sure we’ll start again this week. Pretty sure it will be worse after a month off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps a thought to those who may have a question or concern to post on something on their minds ? JR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe2 here,

    I have always been impressed with your ability to write a new topic every week.

    Please take some time off. For me, a break allows time to regroup and re-approach.

    My best ideas have occurred after a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My best generally occur in the . . . ;-)

      Thanks for the support and the kind words.

      Delete
  4. Piglet shouldn't be so self-righteous. he's not wearing a proper hat or shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan
    Enjoy the moments you deserve a break. We, of course, shall miss you. Perhaps a session or two with the Mrs and a cane are in order. We all are grateful for your effort to create a sounding board.
    Much love
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan,
    Enjoy your hard-earned break. Sometimes a break is needed to get some new inspiration. Maybe all of us will miss the meaningful interaction and will learn to appreciate each other more as well!

    KD's cartoon is absolutely correct as well (and funny)!

    -ZM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ZM. "Meaningful interaction" is a great goal.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the compliment, ZM.

      Delete
  7. Huzzah! Having just come off an exceptionally busy few days and very demanding, yet successful party, I naturally endorse your decision to take a break.

    Absolutely LOVE the Pooh cartoon. I have every intention of stealing it as soon as I post this comment. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the break Dan. Very well earned. Take as long as you like, we will still be here !

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a curated resource for those genuinely and positively interested in DD and FLR lifestyles. Comments that are rude, uncivil, inconsistent with the blog's theme or off-topic may not be posted or may be removed. Please use a name or initials (doesn't have to be your real one) when commenting - it helps commenters keep track of who is "talking."