Saturday, October 26, 2024

The Club - Meeting 496 - Domestic Discipline Spankings for "Big" Issues

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Hello all.  Welcome back to the Disciplinary Couples Club.  Our weekly meeting of men and women who are in, or interested in being in, Domestic Discipline and Female Led (FLR) relationships.

 

Once again, before we get started, I would like to thank the female commenters who have recently joined us and to extend an invitation to all others who may be inclined to move from “lurker” to “commenter” status. We like having you around.

 

I hope you all had a great week. Ours was pretty sedate, but given our recent medical challenges, sometimes it’s the little things that count.  We went out to dinner this week. That’s obviously not a big thing in and of itself, but it was the first time we’d been out together for anything other than medical appointments in about seven weeks.  Light at the end of the tunnel.

 

 

Fall also finally really committed to coming to our area. Took it long enough.  I don’t know why I love this time of year so much, but I do.  Well, maybe some of the reasons are pretty obvious.  I maintain Halloween is by far the sexiest holiday, as borne out by the fact I have way more Halloween themed spanking art and memes than I can ever use in one season.

 

 

Well, I accomplished what turned out to be my not-so-little project of plowing through all my old posts and the associated comments.  All 608 posts and 72,000 comments.  Although there were no big surprises, maybe a few things are worth mentioning, though I hit on a few of these in the last post:

 

·      I knew there was more female participating in the early years, but I had forgotten just how much more.

·      Many of those female participants seemed to be very aggressively in charge.  We can debate what an FLR is but, however you characterize it, many of those early female commenters clearly exercised, or aspired to exercise, very significant control over their men.

·      I wondered whether there was some change in the blog that drove the women away. Honestly, one big factor may have been way more pedestrian.  There was a period when Google’s “captcha” sign-on verification became damn near unworkable. I remember how hard it was to leave comments on others’ blogs.  Several people complained on mine, and it was right around that time that many of the female comments stopped.  My guess is, being very practical creatures, they had better things to do and just gave up. We also had a couple of serious “troll infestations” around that same time, and it’s possible those turned off some of the female commenters.

·      The political exchanges in 2020 and 2021 were nastier than I remembered.  Although I have no doubt it contributed to total readership falling, it’s hard to detect any impact on actual participation.  I’m staying away from political comments more this election, but not because I give a shit about total readership. I’m just kind of resigned to “what happens, happens” this time around, and I'm perhaps more realistic about the prospects of any discussion changing anyone’s mind.

·      From very early on, there were problems with men masquerading as women and individuals posing as couples.  It was impossible to police back then, and it’s just as impossible now. 

·      Topic interest comes and goes. There were topics I did early on that flopped but did quite well when I tried them again a couple of years later. 

·      It was interesting seeing how certain “features” of the discussion were introduced over time.  I had forgotten that in the earliest posts, I didn’t reply to most of the comments; that didn’t really change for several months. When I started introducing memes and spanking art, at first it was very sporadic, then only one per post, then finally several per post but each tailored to illustrate a particular point. 

·      My concerns about confidentiality and being “outed” were so paranoid, I would fudge the details on big things going on at work or in my personal life so thoroughly that reading them now, years down the line, I can’t even remember what some of them were referring to.

 

Of course, my biggest take away is just how long some of you have stuck around.  Thanks for sticking with it all these years and through so many repetitive posts.

 

Thanks to all of you who participated in last week’s open-ended discussion about how “FLR-ish” our respective marriages are.  My only big disappointment is that I was hoping to get more input from the wives. But, that’s a work in progress.  In the meantime, I felt KOJ (Yah, he’s back!), gave perhaps the best summary, with a couple of caveats, of what this thing we do includes and perhaps excludes:

 

“I would describe your blog as "F/m Domestic Discipline (DD)," with the following definitions:
F/m -- a woman has some authority over a man.
Domestic (for your blog) -- heterosexual, adult, live-in.
Discipline (for your blog) -- Includes spanking where sexual gratification is not the primary purpose.”

 

I think that’s mostly right.  My two primary caveats would be that I don’t feel like the “domestic” in DD necessarily excludes relationships that aren’t “live in” as long as, as Donn later noted, they are “committed,” which I would define as long-term and stable.

 

The other caveat for me personally is, when setting up the blog and managing it over the years, I've never intentionally excluded gay or trans relationships. It just never really came up.  I wouldn’t have a problem having one or both members of a gay couple participate, as long as the dynamic was basically the same as we talk about here, i.e. a domestic relationship with one partner in a lead or "top" disciplinary role holding the other partner accountable by imposing disciplinary measures including corporal punishment. It would probably be subject to a test run to see how in impacted the group dynamic, but I don’t have any reason to think that a gay DD relationship would be very different from a hetero DD dynamic.

 

 

The whole discussion of what factors influence whether a relationship is an FLR did take me in a direction I’ve previously resisted.  We often talk about DD and FLR being a spectrum, but I wonder whether they really are.  It seems to me they represent separate but adjacent lifestyles that overlap to a lesser degree for some and a larger degree for others.  In the past, I’ve been really resistant to seeing DD as a sub-set of any other relationships dynamic, but I do think that, given that there is some power shifting going on in even the most narrow forms of DD, it’s reasonable to classify it as one variant of a Dominance/submission dynamic, and one in which individual relationships incorporate various degrees of dominance. Though, I also can see maintaining that any form of Dominance/submission violates KOJ’s third factor, i.e. that sexual satisfaction not be the primary purpose.  As KOJ said, it's probably impossible to define, and that’s fine.

 

Now, on to this week’s topic. New commenter “Jackson” left this recent comment and topic suggestion:

 

Drinking more than allowed and sloppy behavior has been a continuous, persistent issue. Although discipline has improved it a lot, I think with an occasional pegging and brutal spanking it might be permanently resolvable with FLR/DD alone. Drinking is a large and complex problem, and I used to think those were not really solvable with FLR/DD, but since we have made certain every spanking is a brutal, memorable event with surrender and submission at its end, I think I could be disciplined to moderate drinking. I am much improved already. Maybe pegging is what is needed (but rarely). Dan maybe a topic sometime is “Can FLR/DD solve big complex issues?”

 

So, let’s get into that.  Can the discipline that comes along with a DD and/or FLR relationship solve big, complex issues?

 

I’ll start by observing that what each person sees as a “big” problem is inherently individual.  And, even for each individual, it may be a complex analysis. 

 

Perhaps his forgetfulness around financial issues usually isn't a big deal, but what if it results in her incurring a bunch of extra time or having to deal with a big unnecessary headache?



It also may hinge on particular outcomes, right?  Everyday procrastination might not be a big problem, but what if it results in not paying bills on time, thereby ruining the couple’s credit rating?

 

 

I don't think of speeding tickets as a big deal, but I know others do. And, even I concede they could become a big deal if cumulatively they resulted in a license suspension or a big jump in insurance rates. Or, in today's environment, god forbid a road rage incident got out of hand.



Or, maybe carelessness becomes such a chronic problem that, while one instance may not be a big deal, cumulatively the damages adds up. Or, it could be like what happened with a couple of motorcycle trips I’ve discussed in which I failed to do some basic preparation and, while no disaster happened, it could have and, regardless of whether it actually did, it stressed me out, cost us additional money to fix mistakes, etc.

 

Are those “big” things? In isolation, some might not be. But, they may be part of a larger pattern. And, there is the fact that sloppiness on things that don't matter much still creates habits that can lead to sloppiness on things that do.

 

The best statement I’ve found among our blog comments was this from ZM, which began with an observation about how hard it may be for wives to be strict with regard to “small things”:

 

“I think this is a common problem, especially as wives are gaining experience, because in order for it to be a real punishment for an adult, a spanking must be quite hard and long. This is especially true if the recipient is an adult who may fantasize about spanking. Pretty much EVERY punishment is going to be relatively big, and this doesn't seem quite as fair for seemingly "small" things.

 

It is only by the wife seeing the bigger picture and realizing that by addressing the small things, she is also addressing the bigger issues, that the whole thing seems in any way fair or proportional. Is it fair to spank me to tears because I leave my socks on the floor? Of course not! On the other hand, is it fair to spank me to tears because I continually let deadlines slip past, ultimately jeopardizing our quality of living? Sure. Is it fair to spank me tears because I eat a hamburger and too many fries? Probably not. Is it fair to spank me to help me change my eating habits and massively improve my health, greatly increasing the chances I can live for many more years and enjoy life, family, etc.? Of course.

 

So only by seeing that the small things and the bigger things are all just parts of the same picture can she feel good about consistently monitoring these little day-to-day things and enforcing seemingly minor lapses with severe enough punishments that they can help to effect real change.”

 

Jackson’s question referred to drinking too much, and that is the problem I’ve talked about the most here over the years. It undoubtedly has led to more spankings over time than any other offense. Yet, is it really my biggest issue?  That’s debatable.  To put it in context, in the month of September, I drank only three times. 

 

When I look at the big picture, there is a strong argument to be made that other behavioral failings, such as procrastination, carelessness, inattention to detail, and a reputation for being difficult to manage were much bigger limiting factors where work success and overall quality of life were concerned than drinking ever has been.

 

But, of those three drinking occasions in September, two of them involved “a few” becoming “a few too many,” and that’s been an ongoing problem for me. And, I've always recognized that it's not really the over-consumption that itself is a problem but, rather, the potential impact on other commitments or goals.


 

So, while perhaps it’s not the biggest issue, it’s still big enough.

 

So, can DD help with big issues?  Personally, I believe it probably can but it may require bringing the whole panoply of disciplinary tools to bear.  That could include cranking up the frequency and severity of the spankings, giving more preventative spankings, doing more check-ins and monitoring, and exploring alternative punishments.

 

To illustrate, one big problem with using DD to root out my particular issue with binge drinking is that the problem isn’t consistent, so it’s hard to say more consistent spanking alone would help.  As I said in reply to Jackson:

 

I've come to doubt whether DD will do much for it, though in fairness (a) I do think it has some modest role in imposing some guardrails, even if I crash through them every once in a while; and (b) we've never achieved a really high degree of consistency and certainty. In some ways, that reflects the nature of my issue. I'm not remotely close to a daily drinker. It's just that when I do drink, it can turn into a binge. Since the drinking is so episodic, the spankings have been too, only more so.

 

In other words, while consistently spanking for each instance of excessive drinking might help, it’s hard to see how consistency would have resulted in more than an incremental improvement when the problem itself is so inconsistent.

 

But, maybe that isn't the primary consideration when judging efficacy.  Maybe more consistency would have imposed some real limits and guardrails, even if the problem still occurred episodically.

 


On the other hand, let’s look at something like smoking. I started using chewing tobacco in high school, graduating to cigarettes in college, and eventually came to use both in copious daily amounts. I tried to quit many times, but I was very, very physically addicted.  I eventually did kick the habit cold turkey, but only after multiple failures.

 

It's probably not a coincidence that my successful effort to quit happened after Anne and I got serious, even though that was a decade before we started DD. I knew she hated the smell and taste of smoke, and that disapproval may have given me the extra incentive I needed.

 

In that case, and maybe paradoxically, because my dependence on nicotine was displayed multiple times a day, I do think that had we been into DD at that time, it might have made one of those earlier failed attempts successful if, and only if, Anne had been determined to take consistent action to root it out.  If her mere disapproval helped me kick the habit, how much more so would disapproval combined with a severe paddling each and every time have helped? My guess is . . . a lot.

 


So, the nature of the “big” issue may be very important to how amenable it is to solving with Domestic Discipline.

 

It also may be the case that, despite the numerous serious spankings Anne has given me for over-indulging, there hasn’t been enough of a “whatever it takes” approach.  As I've confessed here, when I go out with a friend for happy hour, after the second drink I sometimes forget all about the possible consequences. But, would I forget if I knew that one binge incident might result in a week’s worth of daily spankings? Here is an older comment from “DWC Fred” that suggests that the wife's level of sheer determination and willingness to be extraordinarily strict do matter:

 

“Ann has only spanked me for “big” things three times in recent years. [Once was] for being upset with her and expressing myself and carrying on badly. A couple of days later I apologized, and we spoke about it. I was in tears because of how I had spoken to her and made her feel. After our discussion she sentenced me to a spanking every day, for four days.

 

They were horrible. From day two on I was crying as I pulled down my pants and had difficulty calling Ann to tell her I was ready.

 

Four days in a row is a whole new ballgame, both from an emotional perspective and the pain perspective. Anticipating the increased pain and the additional embarrassment of crying from the time I pulled down my underwear, and getting even more out of control by the time Ann was done spanking, made days 2,3, and 4 successively worse.

I’ve never repeated any of those offenses.”

 

I also strongly suspect that my failure to think of likely consequences might be reduced substantially if some consequences were imposed in advance via preventative spankings.  

 


So, while I do think some “big” things may be resistant to a traditional “one regular spanking per one offense” approach, that doesn’t necessarily means spanking is inherently insufficient to address serious problems. Rather, maybe the seriousness of the sanction needs to be cranked up to match the seriousness of the offense or the number of times it has recurred.

 

How about you?  Have you used to DD to address “big” issues?  What worked? What didn’t?  If they haven't worked, was it a matter of spankings' inherent limitation, or more a lack of will and determination to make them effective? Are there things that could be added to DD spankings to make them more effective in resolving bigger issues?

 

Have a great week. 

22 comments:

  1. Dan wrote: "I . . . can see maintaining that any form of Dominance/submission violates KOJ’s third factor, i.e. that sexual satisfaction not be the primary purpose."

    Yes, the Dominance/submissive (D/s) terminology has always seemed to include a sexual connotation, regardless of the context in which the term is used.

    My wife an I have been using, as a variation on / alternative to D/S, "Supervisory/subordinate" (S/s), which seems to much better portray the dynamic that exists in many DD and FLR-light relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donn, I like the notion of Supervisory/subordinate although "supervised" might work as well? In terms of "Big Picture" I think we are Venn diagramming with consistency a bit. I can only speak for myself (via the medium of Billy Bragg lyrics) when I say my home crimes are so unoriginal. The one that causes most irritation within the Household is my 2 second verbal temper. If that was a 2 minute outburst I suspect Mrs GL would be clamping down way more than she has over the years.

      Just picking up on Dan's review of the site, and two points. The first is to say I have no reason to believe gay/trans couples don't engage in DD situations as much as hetero ones but the wide use of the terms "top" and "bottom" within that community means the dynamic is set out very early. On politics, whilst I can from experience understand a reluctance to repeat angst I will say from an outsider looking in perspective that if ever their was an US Presidential election where everyone needs to stand up and be counted it the 2024 one where the choice is ultimately between Fascism and democracy. Of course any Brits "interfering" with your imminent vote is politically charged this last week!!

      Finally, a suggestion for a future topic. I have been doing a lot of "sliding doors" thinking recently and I wonder how much do regular contributors attribute a sliding door moment as pivotal to the life they presently have domestically (or don't have but would like to)? Just a suggestion. Cheers GLM.

      Delete
    2. I certainly like "subordinate" more than "submissive."

      Delete
    3. Believe me, I see it as the extremely consequential election it is.

      "Sliding door moment" may be a saying we don't have in the US. At least, I'm not familiar with it. What does it mean?

      Delete
    4. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliding_Doors cheers GLM.

      Delete
    5. For North America, this the correct link for the "plot" from the movie "Sliding Doors:"

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliding_Doors

      Delete
  2. I think for me the biggest issue has always been anger particularly when she didn't see things the same way as I did. I used to get so mad I would punch the wall or throw things. When I came to realize how stupid it was. I asked her to spank me for arguing with her and to some degree it helped but the lack of severity and consistency kept me from changing completely. In the last few years years she has upped her spanking severity and consistency. I know longer get so angry that I punch things so definitely an improvement. I still get angry and stomp around slamming cabinet doors and making some noise and she continues to paddle me for it. She can't read my mind and I can't read hers but I know she wishes I would just grow up. The problem is she doesn't nip those small things in the bud consistently. It's the small attitude changes that lead to bigger anger issues. Lately we have been using a daily alternative punishment to keep me thinking about her authority (standing in the corner every morning for 15 minutes concentrating on respecting her. It's effective for me the carrot is that if I can maintain my behavior for a prolonged time then the daily time in the corner will be stop by the but if not it will continue and any attempt to get out of it results in added time. Just yesterday I was t ilold to go do my corner time but got busy and didn't do it later in the day I got angry about something and started slamming thing around. I She asked if I had done my morning time. I ended up getting a a spanking and an additional 15 minutes in the corner before bed. It's a juvenile punishment but she knows how much I hate it. She told me last night that she she will increase the time by 15 minutes every time I try to avoid it. I if I don't do it this morning tomorrow and going forward will be thirty minutes and each time I disobey her she will add 15 more. I have stood in the corner for more than an hour and before it is not pleasant. There is a point where if she feels that it's not being effective I will get spanked and the corner time will continue. This usually results in a noticeable improvement in my submission to her. The other big issue is carelessness we have been working on it but it can sometimes be more difficult to address because it's so often a lapse in judgment that is not intended. The Spanking me for the little things would really be helpful but when she knows it was not intentional she said she has a hard time spanking me for it unless it cost us money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The other big issue is carelessness we have been working on it but it can sometimes be more difficult to address because it's so often a lapse in judgment that is not intended."

      I do think it's harder to address something that wasn't intentional and may have been just pure forgetfulness. On the other hand, I do think that if I knew she was watching for such incidents, i would find ways to pay more attention to what I'm doing, because ultimately carelessness is often a matter of (a) not focusing on the matters at hand; or (b) convincing yourself that there is little risk of something going wrong, so you don't deal with things promptly and carefully. I do think spankings can "help" you pay more attention, and it changes the risk assessment if you fail to do so.

      Delete
    2. I have a real problem recognizing or I think minimizing things that then become huge expensive issues. I asked for and got spanked for the last one. We both were involved and she is taking part of the blame which is what angered me because it really is my responsibility. She didn't want to spank me for the incident but was more than happy to make sitting an issue when it came to me getting angry.

      Delete
  3. In our 24/7 FLR, big infractions have always been dealt with harsh spankings, and I feel that is justified. Disrespect, uncontrolled temper, over drinking, etc have always earned spankings to fit the offense. Sometimes being told to stay in position and having her return in 20 - 30 minutes for another round and perhaps several rounds or several consecutive days of a solid spanking for the big ticket offenses in not uncommon. However, I would say in our DD household, it is also the repeating of even a small or minor infraction can result in quite a long, hard discipline session. She then resorts to a 'I guess your last spanking was not effective' concept. Sometimes even driving that point home during the spanking. Doubling my punishment for each time I repeat an infraction. How many times have I heard " This is the third time I have spanked you for..................... this month. Maybe after this spanking you will learn".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "She then resorts to a 'I guess your last spanking was not effective' concept." It seems like an intuitively powerful approach.

      Delete

  4. The short answer is yes. As I’ve said before, we have only a couple of fixed rules that result in much more formalized and severe canings. These are late fees and speeding tickets. (Both involve unnecessary cost). I have only had one speeding ticket since we have been together, which was about twenty years ago, and a late fee last year was probably the first since about the same time. I tend to stick fairly close to speed limits but the reason I answered this question as I did is that if I find my speed has got away from me a bit and maybe drive past a cop, then when I’m checking the mirror nervously, hoping he’s not following me it’s not the ticket I’m thinking about, but the caning it will get me if he is. The most consistent thing I try to get my wife to correct is occasional snippyness. This, I would regard as a small thing and generally results in a paddling which is certainly hard enough to get my attention but not horrendously severe. The was one occasion a few years ago when I lost my temper to the “throwing things” level. It’s only ever happened once and it led to probably the most severe paddling I’ve ever had, followed by a comment that if I ever did that again, this would be the warm-up. That kind of temper is really not in my make-up but anytime I may feel tempted to lose it, I think of that punishment and it pulls me back from the brink. TG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speeding tickets would be a hard thing for Anne to enforce, since she generally drives faster and more erratically than I do. Though, that hasn't stopped her from threatening a spanking for a ticket when we're driving together. But, speeding tickets do illustrate my point about how rooting out "big" issues may require the disciplinarian to massively escalate the punishments. I went years without a ticket then had a run of bad luck and got four in a row, which brought me within 4 points of having my license suspended. THAT prospect definitely got my attention.

      I have some of your temper issues, including throwing things in frustration. But, it's almost never happened in front of her. But, I have done things like getting very frustrated assembling something, with her there, and I'm sure that if she threatened ot spank me for it at the time it was happening I would find a way to dial it in.

      Delete
  5. The biggest thing for me is controlling my mouth and mytemper/stubborness. That is what she would consider my biggest issue. As for alcohol use, I’m similar to you Dan, when we are home, i can have two glasses of wine with dinner or nothing. When in our usual group, we can have six to twelve bottles. There is no shut off for our group. My wife drinks as well but not like we do. Im currently in dry October, although only two weeks in. I’m running it through Thanksgiving. I don’t have an issue, but with the upcoming holidays, I read about it and think its a great idea. My wife is on the DL after having surgery. She is better but then contacted a severe cold, so DD has been on the back burner for a while. Ive been the doting husband, so for her it is been far from her mind. I did get a bit snippy the other day and she said, “keep that tone up, I know someone who’s overdue for a thrashing”. It never transpired because she was not feeling well. I do know when it does though, I will be in for a rude awakening. I also concur with you about being punished for the small things. I don’t leave clothes laying around or the classic toilet seat up, ect. ect. Maybe it was my strict upbringing that carried over. I think I stated before that if you have to get beat for leaving the toilet seat up multiple times, then how are you learning anything. Knock on wood, I haven't had a ticket in 30 years. Finally, when you think about it, a majority of women are “agressively in charge” so to speak in every marriage, albeit it without DD. I look at all of my friends wives, they are cool but some nag, some are passive aggressive, some are moody in their own right. I love all of them, but when you break it dow, they all are in charge in some way shape or form. They may not tell you what to do, but you will pay the price when a task is not completed. One way or another.
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, T. Regarding drinking, it sounds like we have similar wives and similar friend groups. And, some of our booziest friends are more hers than mine. Goodl luck with the dry October.

      I hope your wife recovers well and soon from both the surgery and the cold.

      "I love all of them, but when you break it down, they all are in charge in some way shape or form." I think that's more or less true, particularly with the younger generations. I have a friend who is the "top" in an FLR, and she's told me that when she gets together with girlfriends, almost all of them say things that indicate they have a high level of control over their men, though she doesn't know if any of them are in true FLR or DD arrangements.

      Delete
    2. "I think I stated before that if you have to get beat for leaving the toilet seat up multiple times, then how are you learning anything." - That all depends. If you are consciously choosing to leave the toilet seat up, then even one punishment should take care of that (unless maybe you don't see why it is an issue, in which case she might need to do a bit more "convincing" down the road).

      However, I know for me, a lot of my behaviors are basically just me running on autopilot and mindlessly doing (or not doing) things. In those cases, it seems likely that a pattern of repeated punishment may be required to overcome my patterns of mindlessness and just repeating habits that have formed over many years.

      -ZM

      Delete
    3. As I've said before, I never have, and likely never will, get the whole toilet seat thing.

      Though I can be plenty guilty of running autopilot, I think most of my carelessness is a little more conscious than yours, ZM. In most cases--and really in all those where I get mad enough at myself to think a spanking may be merited--at some point in time, prior to things going wrong, I did think, "Maybe I should do [X] . . ." Then, I got busy or simply distracted and ignored that little voice in my head that told me to do something.

      Though, it's true that those things that Anne takes issues with are more cases of simply not paying attention and, as you say, going on autopilot. Her issues with me forgetting to lock doors or forgetting to verify that the garage door really went down are examples.

      I do think carelessness of both varieties--not paying attention to the nagging voice, and not paying sufficient attention to even have a nagging voice around certain issues--spankings could, in fact, help.

      Delete
  6. There are 2 big things I have been repeatedly spanked for, which are driving and drinking.
    As I have stated before, excessive drinking has contributed to all manner of bad behavior. Since that has improved, all other behavior is better, including driving. Small issues, such as leaving the toilet seat up, have also improved. Therefore, I get less spankings these days, but I do still need them, and get anxious when they don't happen after a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that by fixing that one big thing, i.e. drinking, everything else has gotten better for you. It's almost the converse of ZM's point about how not focusing on small things makes the big things worse.

      Delete
  7. I'd say that our biggest problem that was addressed through spanking was when I began to use marijuana more frequently. Beth never really liked it when I got high anyway, but more regular use began to affect our relationship and my work life. Not dramatically, but clearly noticeable to her and a few others. Poor attempts at concealing how much I was using led to a frank discussion when I wasn't high, followed by a serious spanking. From that point, she kept close watch on my behaviors, the physical indicators, and unexplained expenses. It really was the sneaking around that bothered her more than anything, and after a while I quit altogether

    It was a few years after that when I confessed to my wife that I was still under the effect of cannabis for two of my spankings. She wasn't pleased and assured me that if she knew, she would have waited and spanked me twice as long when the timing was better.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how that one could become a problem, because it's just so much easier to consume and, depending on the form it's taken in, disguise or hide the consumption than alcohol. I get Beth's issue with the sneaking around. There have been more than a few times when my bingeing includes hanging out in my office after a social engagement, treating myself to a series of "night caps" while watching movies or listening to music, but I hide the evidence of the alcohol usage from Anne. She never believes that I'm not consuming, yet I still try to cover it up for no logical reason. It's one of the aspects of my binge behavior that I find the most unappealing.

      I've always had a hard rule around no spanking when either of us were intoxicated. In fact, it's really my one and only hard caveat to "anytime, anywhere, for any reason." It probably wouldn't be a hard rule with respect to her being sober and spanking me when drunk, but it just seems like a waste of time, which I assume it was with you feeling the effects of cannabis during a spanking. My concern with her spanking when anything but stone-cold sober is she drinks way less than I do but also has correspondingly less ability to "hold her liquor." It's really a safety thing.


      I think to some extent we are hard-wired to prefer certain mind altering substances over others. I have friends who love pot, but I've always been in an alcohol guy. It's not that I dislike marijuana, but I don't like the high enough for it to become a big problem for me. I did it quite a bit in college, but only because it was around. I then quit entirely for about three decades, before discovering it again a few years ago when one of my kids and her significant other left me some after visiting. I still don't enjoy the high that much, but it is kind of wonder drug for my chronic insomnia.

      Delete
  8. Dan,

    This has nothing to do with the topic but with your comments about that there used to be more women and they don't stick around as long. I am just passing this along. A number of months ago I asked Domino to read the blog because I thought the topic and posts by Miss E would interest her. She looked at it and said she would never read this blog because, I am paraphrasing here, because of he many sexist memes and photographs. She wanted nothing to do with a site that claimed to elevate women and demeaned them at the same time. She almost forbade me from reading the site, but relented. So you might check with other women readers but that could be a potential reason why they don't comment or stay around.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a curated resource for those genuinely and positively interested in DD and FLR lifestyles. Comments that are rude, uncivil, inconsistent with the blog's theme or off-topic may not be posted or may be removed. Please use a name or initials (doesn't have to be your real one) when commenting - it helps commenters keep track of who is "talking."