Saturday, September 5, 2026

No Post This Week

Hi all. I hope you're having a good weekend and, for those in the US, a peaceful and/or adventurous long holiday weekend.  

We had some social commitments this week that left me pretty worn out, with some errands to catch up on.  So, I'm going to enjoy my three-day weekend by doing a whole lot of nothing.

Have a great week.  Feel free to keep commenting on/discussing the DWC pamphlets I posted last week and any thoughts they stimulate for you.



12 comments:

  1. Take a well deserved break, Dan and enjoy the Labor Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here’s something I’ve been noodling on and a comment that didn’t post last week. As far as younger folks in the lifestyle, I think format makes a big difference. There are quite a few of us on discord and listening to some of the dd podcasts like sips and smacks. Jillian Keenan’s book was also a focal point and lightning rod to many of those I know in a dynamic and her ability to categorize spanking as sexuality was huge for many of us. As far as the potential comment. In one of the pamphlets Kaye talks about the benefits of releasing frustration for the top and almost mirrors what I would describe as the benefits for the bottom. Being empty, reset etc etc. anyway. For the wives on this forum, I’d be curious if that is the case for you. This release of frustration?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the comment didn't post. There was a full day where something was going on with Blogger. I couldn't get any comments to post.

      I suspect you're right to some extent about the format/medium being important. There is certainly no shortage of DD-related visual content on Tumblr. I wasn't aware of DD-related podcasts and will look into those.

      I had mixed feelings about Keenan's book. It didn't speak to me personally, because she has a true spanking fetish, and that's the perspective she is speaking from. But, it did help me understand that kind of fetish in a way I didn't before. And, I'll giver her big credit for writing a book about a fetish that is still pretty taboo, especially when you are talking about hard, bruising spankings, as opposed to erotic love taps, i.e. "funishment".

      Delete
    2. Keenan's book described some extremely harsh spankings, and she certainly wanted more intensity than I do. However, I can relate to her need for real spankings, as I seem to have the same craving. I really do need hard, regular spankings, and if I don't get them
      because my partner wasn't into it, I would be upfront about getting that need taken care of elsewhere. However, it wouldn't be real DD if I was paying for it, and it will never be as satisfying as having a partner that was truly into it. I was married to a woman who seemed into being dominant and spanking me at first, but she soon lost interest in it. Eventually, I lost interest in her. Now that I have experienced how really wonderful DD can be, it's hard to imagine living without it. Her having the confidence and enthusiasm to be dominant is the most important aspect of our DD. The spanking is necessary, but it is more the icing on the cake.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting the pamphlets. I wondered about them after they were mentioned here. I think DWC was static by the time I found it. I recall seeing booklets and videos for sale, but wasn't something I was going to pursue at the time, even if still an option.
    My wife declined when I proposed a disciplinary element. While I wish she had reacted differently, she is far more important to me than a single aspect of our relationship. Meanwhile, I appreciate your blog and the participants here; it's nice to hope that there are real disciplinary relationships out there. It is doubtful, but maybe the booklets will inspire me to try again.
    It may be just my browser, but the scolding pamphlet seems to have an issue with a second image. There's an empty box overlapping the text in SCENARIO #2 and an empty spot following "Your agreement could look something like this:"
    Also, for those getting the endless loop back to the sign in page: try editing the url to remove the random characters after the main address - everything after the blogspot.com for example.
    - K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "While I wish she had reacted differently, she is far more important to me than a single aspect of our relationship."

      That's the right attitude. I'm very glad my wife was willing to try it (though, she has said she thought it was more than a little weird), but had she declined, I would have been okay with that. I'd also be ok if, at some point, she wanted to give it up (though, I think that's less and less likely; if anything, she seems to have it on her mind more than I do these days). DD is a part of our life together, but only one part, and, not the most important one by far.

      I see what you mean by the empty overlapping box but don't know what is causing it. In draft form, it's a totally empty space.

      Delete
  4. New topic here. Has anyone noticed Michael Irvin’s B2A antics on the sidelines of University of Miami games? I’m conflicted about them myself. While making spanking appear mainstream might be theoretically good, his antics are way over the top. Therefore, I think he’s doing more harm than good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't aware of it until you brought it up. Just checked out some of the clips. He looks like an idiot.

      Delete
  5. Sorry that was from -3pops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dan,
    I hope you have had an amazing long holiday weekend! I just took 3 days off (the entirety of my days off so far since May), and it is remarkable how much difference a bit of rest makes!

    -ZM

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a curated resource for those genuinely and positively interested in DD and FLR lifestyles. Comments that are rude, uncivil, inconsistent with the blog's theme or off-topic may not be posted or may be removed. Please use a name or initials (doesn't have to be your real one) when commenting - it helps commenters keep track of who is "talking."